Elie's Expositions

A bereaved father blogging for catharsis... and for distraction. Accordingly, you'll see a diverse set of topics and posts here, from the affecting to the analytical to the absurd. Something for everyone, but all, at the core, meeting a personal need.


Powered by WebAds

Monday, April 30, 2007

Five Questions Interview Meme

Pearl posted about a new "five questions" interview meme, and foolhardy soul that I am, I volunteered to be interviewed. But of course since my interviewer was Pearl, I knew I had nothing to worry about! So, here goes:

1. If you could trade one negative personality trait of yours for a positive one, what would be the negative one, and what would be the new positive one?

I would want to lose my intimidation by authority figures, which for me includes pretty much anyone who is, or acts like he is, smarter, richer, stronger, or cooler than everyone else. In return I'd like more patience with daily trials like slow chazzanim, annoying coworkers, and rebellious teenage (and pre-teen) kids.

2. AM Radio or FM Radio?

FM radio - mostly "classic rock" stations. The only exception is during the Nine Days when I switch to news stations, since I don't listen to even recorded music then, though I do during Sefira and the Three Weeks.

3. Name your favorite season and the reason it is.

My (though not my sinuses'!) favorite season is Spring. Reasons: My most beloved holiday, Pesach, weather that's not too hot or cold, and when I was younger, school working its way towards ending. The anticipation of summer vacation was often better than the real thing!

4. You're little Elie again, back in grade school (grades 1-6). Who was your favorite teacher and what was the subject?

Mrs. Stacy Skitol, 6th grade Social Studies and English. That was the height of Watergate, and she was a dyed-in-the-wool hippie chick. Lots of really interesting discussions/debates in that class, and great stories about her days in the protest movement. And she was my only grade school teacher who insisted we call her by her first name.

5. Which TV show character did you/do you feel you most related/relate to?

You probably expect me to say someone from Star Trek, right?! But though I lived, breathed, and memorized that show, I didn't personally identify with any one character (I did identify Mr. Spock with my father though). For myself: Johnny Storm / Human Torch of the Fantastic Four cartoon, and The Professor on Gilligan's Island.

Now this meme works a bit differently than most, in that instead of being tagged, you need to volunteer. So if you want to participate:
1. Leave me a comment saying "Interview me".

2. I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions!

3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions, including the explanation for each.

4. You'll offer to interview someone else and post these guidelines.

5. When others comment, asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions of your own choosing - not the same ones I asked you.

10 Comments:

At 4/30/07, 11:41 PM, Blogger torontopearl said...

Elie, those were great answers. It sure isn't so easy to think up questions, and no doubt even harder to think up answers to those questions!

I like your reference to the teacher; I'd like to think that everyone has some teacher who impacted their life in some way.

 
At 5/1/07, 10:52 AM, Blogger Shifra said...

Sounds like fun.
I'm a little worried about what kind of questions you'll come up with but sure... interview me!

 
At 5/1/07, 11:16 AM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

Good answers.

 
At 5/1/07, 1:22 PM, Blogger Elie said...

Pearl, thanks again for the questions. They were hard enough to make me think a bit, but no so difficult that I got stuck, so I guess they were just right.

Shifra, you're on! I'll work up some questions by tomorrow and email them to you. Don't worry, I'll be gentle. :-)

Jack: Thanks.

 
At 5/1/07, 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Elie,

You can "interview" me if you'd like. This is an interesting meme. :)

my bloggy email is miriamblogger at gmail dot com. (That's the anti-spam way to write it, I'm told.)

Miriam

 
At 5/1/07, 5:25 PM, Blogger Elie said...

Miriam: I'll work on it; Shifra asked first, but I don't mind intervieweing both of you.

 
At 5/1/07, 8:52 PM, Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Great questions but I have to pass on the interview. I would like it but just can't do any more personal memes.

 
At 5/1/07, 9:14 PM, Blogger Elie said...

SWFM, I totally understand. I'm already doing two others so no prob.

 
At 5/7/07, 10:02 AM, Blogger Shifra said...

OK your questions and my answers are now up on the blog.
Thanks, that was fun!

 
At 5/8/07, 1:53 AM, Blogger Hila said...

Dang I guess I'm too late! I was gonna say interview me, too! Oh well, I'll have to volunteer for someone else...Great idea though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home