Five Questions Interview Meme
Pearl posted about a new "five questions" interview meme, and foolhardy soul that I am, I volunteered to be interviewed. But of course since my interviewer was Pearl, I knew I had nothing to worry about! So, here goes:
1. If you could trade one negative personality trait of yours for a positive one, what would be the negative one, and what would be the new positive one?
I would want to lose my intimidation by authority figures, which for me includes pretty much anyone who is, or acts like he is, smarter, richer, stronger, or cooler than everyone else. In return I'd like more patience with daily trials like slow chazzanim, annoying coworkers, and rebellious teenage (and pre-teen) kids.
2. AM Radio or FM Radio?
FM radio - mostly "classic rock" stations. The only exception is during the Nine Days when I switch to news stations, since I don't listen to even recorded music then, though I do during Sefira and the Three Weeks.
3. Name your favorite season and the reason it is.
My (though not my sinuses'!) favorite season is Spring. Reasons: My most beloved holiday, Pesach, weather that's not too hot or cold, and when I was younger, school working its way towards ending. The anticipation of summer vacation was often better than the real thing!
4. You're little Elie again, back in grade school (grades 1-6). Who was your favorite teacher and what was the subject?
Mrs. Stacy Skitol, 6th grade Social Studies and English. That was the height of Watergate, and she was a dyed-in-the-wool hippie chick. Lots of really interesting discussions/debates in that class, and great stories about her days in the protest movement. And she was my only grade school teacher who insisted we call her by her first name.
5. Which TV show character did you/do you feel you most related/relate to?
You probably expect me to say someone from Star Trek, right?! But though I lived, breathed, and memorized that show, I didn't personally identify with any one character (I did identify Mr. Spock with my father though). For myself: Johnny Storm / Human Torch of the Fantastic Four cartoon, and The Professor on Gilligan's Island.
Now this meme works a bit differently than most, in that instead of being tagged, you need to volunteer. So if you want to participate:
1. Leave me a comment saying "Interview me".
2. I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions!
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions, including the explanation for each.
4. You'll offer to interview someone else and post these guidelines.
5. When others comment, asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions of your own choosing - not the same ones I asked you.