Elie's Expositions

A bereaved father blogging for catharsis... and for distraction. Accordingly, you'll see a diverse set of topics and posts here, from the affecting to the analytical to the absurd. Something for everyone, but all, at the core, meeting a personal need.


Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Best Illusion Ever


"Today there is no dark or light
Today there is no black or white
Only shades of gray."
- The Monkees

I've posted illusions before, but this is the most amazing one I've even seen! No matter how I try, I cannot see squares A and B as the same shade of gray. But they really are. To prove it, cut holes in a piece of paper and cover all the squares but those - or else print out the picture and cut out those two squares. You won't believe your eyes!

Additional Note: For those who are still skeptical, see below!

3 Comments:

At 2/13/07, 8:04 PM, Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Wow very cool I don't get it but I trust you.

 
At 2/13/07, 10:19 PM, Blogger Shira Salamone said...

No way! (I'll have to take your word for it, as our printer is being uncooperative at the moment.) This Edward H. Adelson must be some kind of genius. Where do you find this stuff?

 
At 2/14/07, 2:50 AM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

Neat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home