Elie's Expositions

A bereaved father blogging for catharsis... and for distraction. Accordingly, you'll see a diverse set of topics and posts here, from the affecting to the analytical to the absurd. Something for everyone, but all, at the core, meeting a personal need.


Powered by WebAds

Friday, December 08, 2006

Cards from Daughter and "Dogger"

I have to share these great birthday cards that Shayna gave me when I got home yesterday. Don't have a scanner so I can't show you all the artwork, but the words are funny enough.

First, Shayna gave me her card. Note: words in boxes are stickers, from her scrapbooking collection no doubt:

To: Grandpa Dad

From: Your Sweetheart

Dear Grandpa Dad,

Oh boy I don’t know how to tell you this but you’re not a baby any more. It’s hard to believe, but today you’re 92 45. Hugs kisses love and all that other mooshy stuff.

Happy birthday Love Shayna

Congrats on your 92nd 45th birthday


Then Shayna handed me a second card which read as follows:

Dear Daddy,

I don’t ask you for a lot, just a walk every once in a while, or some chicken on my plate. But I’m asking you to have a HAPPY B-DAY

Love

Your furry daughter

Sandy



Gotta love it!!

3 Comments:

At 12/9/06, 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a shmart doggy! Give her some chicken.

By the way, a good alternative to a scanner is to take a photo (with a digital camera) and just upload the photo.

Congrats, too, on your 92nd birthday! I bet you don't look a day over 45!

 
At 12/10/06, 10:01 AM, Blogger torontopearl said...

Both Shayna and Sandy are very creative, aren't they?

I especially give Sandy's "two paws up"!

 
At 12/13/06, 3:54 AM, Blogger Hila said...

happy (belated) birthday! hope you didn't alert the fire department with all the candles on your cake!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home