Elie's Expositions

A bereaved father blogging for catharsis... and for distraction. Accordingly, you'll see a diverse set of topics and posts here, from the affecting to the analytical to the absurd. Something for everyone, but all, at the core, meeting a personal need.


Powered by WebAds

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Arc-Trotting

I had a couple of business trips last week - Boston Tuesday night through Wednesday pm, and Ottawa Thursday night through Friday mid-day. Neither one was exactly a world-spanning trek - I'm more of an arc-trotter than a globe-trotter. But given that I travel for work typically 10-12 times per year on average, twice in one week, even short hops, is a lot for me. And I was especially nervous about the 2nd trip since I make it a policy not to travel on erev Shabbos unless it absolutely can't be avoided - which was the case this time. Luckily, I made it home with plenty of time to spare before Shabbos. But if my Ottawa-NJ flight had been as late getting in on Friday as my Boston-NJ flight was on Wednesday, I would have had a big problem.

Naturally, with all these trips, there was no time left for blogging last week. Hope to catch up a bit over the next couple of days. Till then, once again I quote some favorite lyrics, apropos of these last couple of jaunts [well maybe not the first three words, but definitely the next three!]:

Snow is cold, rain is wet
Chills my soul right to the marrow
I won't be happy till I see you alone again
Till I'm home again and feeling right

- Carly Simon, "Home Again"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home