Elie's Expositions

A bereaved father blogging for catharsis... and for distraction. Accordingly, you'll see a diverse set of topics and posts here, from the affecting to the analytical to the absurd. Something for everyone, but all, at the core, meeting a personal need.


Powered by WebAds

Friday, April 28, 2006

Rube Goldberg Car Commercial

As I kid I loved Rube Goldberg-like contraptions, to which my dad first introduced me. I remember spending many a long Shabbos afternoon building somewhat simpler versions of such "machines", as I called them, using blocks, dump trucks, rubber bands, and whatever other Shabbos-friendly toys could be creatively employed. Typically the final action of the machine was to put the last piece in a puzzle or some similar trivial task.

Today, I was sent a link to the delightful "Honda Cog" commercial which seems to be spreading via the internet. As confirmed by Snopes, this is 100% legitimate - no trick photography, CGI, or any other fakery used. Everything used in the amazing continual motion sequence are parts from two custom-make Accords. It took over six hundred takes to get everything to work perfectly (and luckily no birds flew in at the last minute).

Any contraption fan will be in ecstasy. Enjoy!

1 Comments:

At 4/30/06, 1:40 AM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

Very cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home