Elie's Expositions

A bereaved father blogging for catharsis... and for distraction. Accordingly, you'll see a diverse set of topics and posts here, from the affecting to the analytical to the absurd. Something for everyone, but all, at the core, meeting a personal need.


Powered by WebAds

Friday, March 24, 2006

Parodists Unmasked (Mostly)

Jameel revealed yesterday the identities of (most of) the authors of the (mostly) wonderful Purim blog-parodies. I'm sure it came as no surprise whatsoever that the Soccer Dad parody was done by yours truly. In fact, probably the only parody whose author was even more obvious was Cross-Current's - the venom that dripped from that one was all too familiar.

So thanks again to Jameel and the parodists! Why not go back and re-read these creative, hilarious, and - again mostly - good-spirited mockeries. Purim may be over, but we can all still use a good laugh. I know I can!

4 Comments:

At 3/24/06, 10:57 AM, Blogger Soccer Dad said...

I know the elder figured it out. You think it was the reference back to your blog? (Without that I don't know if I would have figured it out if I didn't have foreknowledge about who was doing it!)

 
At 3/24/06, 11:02 AM, Blogger Elie said...

It was the reference to my blog plus the Star Trek angle. I don't know, maybe it wasn't as obvious as I thought.

Some of the other author-IDs were quite interesting and surprising.

 
At 3/24/06, 12:31 PM, Blogger Elder of Ziyon said...

It was the Star Trek stuff all the way.

 
At 3/24/06, 4:30 PM, Blogger My Daily Struggles said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home