Elie's Expositions

A bereaved father blogging for catharsis... and for distraction. Accordingly, you'll see a diverse set of topics and posts here, from the affecting to the analytical to the absurd. Something for everyone, but all, at the core, meeting a personal need.


Powered by WebAds

Monday, February 13, 2006

Pledgesuit?

This morning at the end of minyan the Rabbi cautioned everyone to walk carefully as the shul parking lot is still very icy. He added, half-jokingly, "we wouldn't want anyone to get hurt and sue the shul!"

I piped up, "yeah, they might sue for a million dollars in pledges!"

Of course it was just a riff on this old classic (2nd one on page). But I'm not usually quick enough to get the funny quip out at the right moment - so this morning was cool!

3 Comments:

At 2/14/06, 10:45 PM, Blogger Shifra said...

Well done!
I'm hope the Rabbi found that funny as well.

I'm still waiting to see your Anti-Valentines Day post...You've only got a few more hours for it to still be timely.

Oooh and tomorrow there will be lot's of candy for 50% off! Something to look forward to!

 
At 2/14/06, 10:53 PM, Blogger Elie said...

Just posted it. My PC ate the first version this afternoon.

Post SVD candy sales - OK, I'll concede that one. Actually it applies to both> holidays I complained about!

 
At 2/16/06, 11:45 PM, Blogger Shifra said...

Oh and Easter too!
I'm still waiting to find a chocolate bunny with an OU.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home