Elie's Expositions

A bereaved father blogging for catharsis... and for distraction. Accordingly, you'll see a diverse set of topics and posts here, from the affecting to the analytical to the absurd. Something for everyone, but all, at the core, meeting a personal need.


Powered by WebAds

Friday, January 06, 2006

New Meme: Blogger Meetings

Last Saturday night Soccer Dad and I, along with our lovely spouses, got together for chinese food and chit-chat. Of course, this had little to do with our being bloggers; SD and I have been close friends since way back in our Freshman year in college, when I was majoring in "New Technology: The Wheel" and he was taking "Dinosaur Hunting", if I recall correctly (or was it the other way around, SD?). In fact, we didn't even talk about blogging that night (much).

There are a couple of other J-bloggers that live in my community and I knew previously, at least as "friends of friends"; I won't "out" them though since they blog anonymously. However, nearly all the J-bloggers I have met in the past almost six months that I've been doing this, are folks I only know through the blogosphere.

I've also read at least one interesting account of a blogger-meeting; I'm sure there are more such stories that I haven't seen.

All this has got me thinking about which bloggers I would like to meet in real life. For added fun and annoyance, I'll make this a new Meme, with the rules as follows:
  • List three or more bloggers - besides the one tagging you - that you only know on-line, and would be interested in meeting in person, and (briefly) why.
  • Bloggers that you maybe once met in childhood count, but not ones that you've interacted with - even as acquaintances - in recent memory.
  • The bloggers that you list are then tagged with the Meme.
So, to start, I'd like to meet:
  • Mirty: Her incredible life story, her sensitivity, and our shared childhood community and fathers' friendship, though the two of us didn't know each other then.
  • Robert: He's a politically conservative frum Jew who made it in Hollywood - how cool is that! Plus, of course, we share a bond as bereaved parents that no others can - or ever should (please God!) - understand.
  • Jack: His eclectic writing and interests, his willingness to share his life and feelings, and of course his being one of my most loyal commenters!
There are others but I'll stick with three for now so as not to set the bar too high for the tagees. And awaaaay we go!

6 Comments:

At 1/8/06, 1:36 AM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

Thank you, I am very flattered.

 
At 1/9/06, 1:40 PM, Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Another MEME?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

 
At 1/9/06, 3:37 PM, Blogger Elie said...

But this is an easy one!

 
At 1/9/06, 3:46 PM, Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

No Elie - this is a VERY hard one.

See, I love meeting people...espcially bloggers that I've been in touch with. I met Chardal on a "blind date" in shul in LA, and went to his home for a shabbat meal. I've had Amshinover over to the Muqata for shabbat...the problem is that THREE is much too small a number.

I refuse to accept the limitation!

Besides, through Jewish Geography, I have met almost everyone, or know their neighbors/cousins/housekeepers.

In fact, I'd bet dollars to donuts you know my relatives.

But thats another story.

PS: I'm waiting eagerly to hear what you have to say about aliya. I'm working on an aliya awareness graphic for people to put on their blogs.

And now...its late. There's a fast tomorrow. Shul is at 5:30 AM.

Must stop blogging! Must stop...arg!

Goodnight!

 
At 1/9/06, 4:20 PM, Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Fine. So I'm still awake.

Here are 2 links of meetings with bloggers:

http://muqata.blogspot.com/2005/12/amshinovers-shabbat-at-muqata.html

http://muqata.blogspot.com/2005/12/blind-date.html

 
At 1/9/06, 4:30 PM, Blogger Elie said...

Looking forward to it. May it be at a happy occasion!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home