Elie's Expositions

A bereaved father blogging for catharsis... and for distraction. Accordingly, you'll see a diverse set of topics and posts here, from the affecting to the analytical to the absurd. Something for everyone, but all, at the core, meeting a personal need.


Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

My Four Score

I was tagged by Shifra (with a bit of prompting!) and by Pearl (unsolicited) to participate in the "Four Meme". Like Pearl, I turned 44 this past year, and since the Fantastic Four is also my favorite comic book, this should be a good meme for me. OK, enough foreplay:

Four jobs you've had in your life:
  1. Programmer
  2. Software tester
  3. Bar mitzvah tutor
  4. Telecom product manager

Four movies you could watch over and over - I have lots more than four (see my profile) but if I have to pick four:
  1. Star Trek II - TWOK
  2. Back to the Future
  3. Pirates of the Caribbean
  4. Dave

Four places you've lived:
  1. New York City
  2. Silver Spring, MD (remember, it's not Silver Springs)
  3. Highland Park, NJ
  4. Perpetual childhood

Four TV shows you love to watch:
  1. The Odd Couple
  2. Star Trek - TOS
  3. Taxi
  4. The Honeymooners

Four places you've been on vacation:
  1. Israel
  2. New Hampshire
  3. Miami Beach
  4. Cape Cod

Four websites you visit daily (or at least every weekday):
  1. About 20-25 J-blogs
  2. IMDB
  3. Credit union
  4. NY Times

Four of your favorite foods:
  1. Steak
  2. Wise potato chips
  3. Seedless watermelon
  4. Zours

Four places you'd rather be:
  1. Israel
  2. Tropical island (in the summer I'll say Alaska)
  3. Middle-Earth
  4. Home in bed

Four books you'll read over and over again - not counting Torah:
  1. "The Lord of the Rings", J. R. R. Tolkien
  2. "The Chronicles of Narnia", C. S. Lewis
  3. "The Foundation Trilogy", Isaac Asimov
  4. "Night", Elie Wiesel (reread every Tisha B'Av)

Four that I'll tag with this Meme:
  1. Soccer Dad
  2. Mirty
  3. Jack
  4. Elder of Zion

3 Comments:

At 1/4/06, 6:50 PM, Blogger torontopearl said...

Elie Wiesel's NIGHT was also on my list. But I think it's a most appropriate idea to read it on Tisha b'Av as you do!

 
At 1/5/06, 2:30 AM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

Done as well. I always get the feeling that I have left stuff out, but I suppose that I could always go back and adjust it.

 
At 1/5/06, 9:34 AM, Blogger Elder of Ziyon said...

Done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home