Elie's Expositions

A bereaved father blogging for catharsis... and for distraction. Accordingly, you'll see a diverse set of topics and posts here, from the affecting to the analytical to the absurd. Something for everyone, but all, at the core, meeting a personal need.


Powered by WebAds

Friday, November 18, 2005

Goblet of Fire - Pre

So, has anyone seen it yet? I hope to take the boys on Sunday afternoon. Shalom wanted to go at midnight last night but sadly, I'm too worn out these days for that sort of stuff. In college, Soccer Dad and I would have been the first in line (2:30 am was the average weeknight bedtime in our dorm). Now we're closing in on 25 years since graduation. Where does the time go?

Well, I'm excited about the movie anyway. So far it's been well-received on IMDB and even the NY Times liked it. I didn't expect the director to be very good at this genre, so it looks like I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I have to get around to re-reading the whole series sometime before book 7 comes out (has she even started on it yet?). I've only read books 4-6 once each, when they first came out. Harry Potter is one of those sub-creations, like Star Trek TOS, Tolkien's LotR, and Marvel comics of the 60s and 70s, that once I get into it, I want to understand it in every detail. I'm a be'iyun kind of guy!

3 Comments:

At 11/18/05, 12:13 PM, Blogger Soccer Dad said...

I hated 4 weddings and a funeral.

 
At 11/18/05, 12:20 PM, Blogger Elie said...

I saw it - well part of it - on a long airline flight. It was very useful in helping me doze off. (In its favor I'll say that the title served as inspiration for a great Itchy and Scratchy cartoon!)

I did just notice that Newell also directed the "Young Indiana Jones" TV series, which is at least somewhat in the same ballpark as HP. I never watched that series so I don't know whether he did a good job.

 
At 11/20/05, 2:33 AM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

I haven't seen it yet but am looking forward to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home