Elie's Expositions

A bereaved father blogging for catharsis... and for distraction. Accordingly, you'll see a diverse set of topics and posts here, from the affecting to the analytical to the absurd. Something for everyone, but all, at the core, meeting a personal need.


Powered by WebAds

Friday, September 16, 2005

Reminders

"I walk along the city streets you used to walk along with me,
and every step I take reminds me of just how we used to be"
- Naked Eyes, "Always Something There To Remind Me"

  • Noticing your picture on the wall
  • Opening my blog
  • Seeing your favorite TV shows or movies
  • Reading Harry Potter, which you got me into
  • Ben and Shalom getting on the boys' bus each morning
  • Ben and Shalom coming off the boys' bus at night
  • The family at the dinner table
  • The family at the beach
  • The family, anywhere
  • Shabbos and Yom Tov
  • Your best friend's younger brother, now Shalom's classmate
  • Shopping for a five-passenger car
  • Ordering only three Esrogim this year
  • The empty seat next to me in shul
  • The closed door to your room
"Always something there to remind me...and I'll never be free
You'll always be a part of me"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home