Elie's Expositions

A bereaved father blogging for catharsis... and for distraction. Accordingly, you'll see a diverse set of topics and posts here, from the affecting to the analytical to the absurd. Something for everyone, but all, at the core, meeting a personal need.


Powered by WebAds

Monday, September 19, 2005

Emily Litella on Highways

Need a little light humor today - so here's one I made up a while back, in the style of Gilda Radner's wonderful Emily Litella character. Search here for transcripts of the original sketches:

Chevy: Now, with a reply to a recent Weekend Update editorial, here's Emily Litella.

Emily: Thank you Cheddar. Now, what's all this I hear about the new HIV Lanes on the highway? This is just terrible! Where is the prejudice against these poor AIDS victims going to stop? It's bad enough when people are afraid to even touch them, now you want to force them to drive in separate lanes? What are you so afraid of, that they'll breathe out the car window on you? This is an outrage!! This is...

Chevy [interrupting]: Umm, Emily, it's not HIV Lanes, it's HOV Lanes. "High Occupancy Vehicle" Lanes - to help encourage carpooling.

Emily: Ohhh - that's very different, isn't it.... Never miiind!

1 Comments:

At 9/20/05, 9:19 AM, Blogger torontopearl said...

Great stuff; I loved Gilda in every SNL character she played.

Back in 1980, when I finished high school, I gave a friend a pseudo-gag gift I'd found in a store: it was a cutout doll book of all the SNL characters that Gilda Radner played, complete with changes of costume and accessories. I wish I'd have bought a book for myself at the time, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home