Elie's Expositions

A bereaved father blogging for catharsis... and for distraction. Accordingly, you'll see a diverse set of topics and posts here, from the affecting to the analytical to the absurd. Something for everyone, but all, at the core, meeting a personal need.


Powered by WebAds

Monday, August 08, 2005

Music To My Ears

A couple of others already blogged about this article. Personally, I think there may be something to it, but it does seem a bit one-sided. I mean, don't women sometimes have trouble hearing men too? Why, when I read this very article to my wife tonight, she responded with an utterly irrelevant agricultural comment - something about the waste products of male bovines. So I know she couldn't have been listening!

Actually, I'm waiting for the followup scientific study demonstrating that children also have a physiological difficulty with hearing certain sounds produced by adults. Sounds such as "homework", "bedtime", and "stop using your sister as a punching bag". I can volunteer some subjects for the research.

One more question: If women's voices are always a form of music, how does this impact the concept of kol isha?

2 Comments:

At 8/8/05, 11:48 PM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

I am not sure if chazal was prepared for that one.

 
At 8/9/05, 4:36 AM, Blogger Soccer Dad said...

This reminds me a bit of that Far Side cartoon, "What dogs really hear." Woof.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home