Elie's Expositions

A bereaved father blogging for catharsis... and for distraction. Accordingly, you'll see a diverse set of topics and posts here, from the affecting to the analytical to the absurd. Something for everyone, but all, at the core, meeting a personal need.


Powered by WebAds

Friday, August 05, 2005

Idiots

I'm sure every J-blogger and his buddy will be writing something about the Natan Zada attack. So I will restrict my remarks to the following brief points:
  1. Apart from being a murderer, if Natan Zada supposed that this attack would somehow help the anti-disengagement position, then he is an idiot. His sick actions can only harm that cause - hopefully not fatally. Much as Yigal Amir killed Rabin in an attempt to stop the Oslo process, but instead Israel got Shimon Perez, arguably an even stauncher, and less cautious, standard bearer for the "peace process".
  2. For any in the anti-settler camp who will draw thinly-caveatted parallels between isolated cases like Zada or Baruch Goldstein, and Palestinian terrorism, I will say this: When Israel starts calling them "martyrs" and naming summer camps after them, then come back and talk to me.

1 Comments:

At 8/7/05, 12:27 AM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

Idiot is the term that comes to mind. I cannot see anything that allows me to conceive of this being good for anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home