Elie's Expositions

A bereaved father blogging for catharsis... and for distraction. Accordingly, you'll see a diverse set of topics and posts here, from the affecting to the analytical to the absurd. Something for everyone, but all, at the core, meeting a personal need.


Powered by WebAds

Thursday, August 02, 2007

The Missing

last shabbos

In the midst of jubilation
sorrow
In the midst of simcha
solitude

All around me
Babies, children, teens, full of life
Playing, running, talking
But one is missing

Where have you gone, my little one, little one
my bechor, my teen wonder
my baby, my superstar
my Aaron, my own?

Why have you traveled
Where we cannot follow
Why have you left us
For so terribly long?

How I've been missing
Your voice, your face
Your wisecracks and jokes
Your footsteps at the door

Won't you come back
You can sleep all morning
Eat us out of house and home
Drive like a crazy teenager

You can make fun of your siblings
Talk back to your mom
And argue with me
I won't even argue back

Won't you
please?

7 Comments:

At 8/3/07, 10:40 AM, Blogger torontopearl said...

Elie, I have no words to console you.

Your "keter" -- your bechor -- is clearly missing...and missed.

 
At 8/3/07, 9:47 PM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

Have a good Shabbos. May it be meaningful and special.

 
At 8/5/07, 1:03 AM, Blogger trn said...

This is haunting. I'm so sorry, Elie.

 
At 8/5/07, 2:05 AM, Blogger Shira Salamone said...

Not even over a year
Can wipe away every tear
Wish I could offer you some cheer

 
At 8/5/07, 4:46 PM, Blogger RaggedyMom said...

Thanks for the reminder to try and treasure every minute. You're an eloquent writer, an inspiring human.

 
At 8/15/07, 1:08 PM, Blogger Hila said...

Such beautiful, if sad, words. I love reading your poetry but wish that the inspiration for it were not such a sad topic. Listen closely, Aaron is there, even though his body isn't.

All the best,

Hila

 
At 10/1/07, 12:49 PM, Blogger LEL said...

9.Pleasant Valley Sunday-The Monkees

15.I don't like Monday's-The Boomtown Rats

 

Post a Comment

<< Home