Elie's Expositions

A bereaved father blogging for catharsis... and for distraction. Accordingly, you'll see a diverse set of topics and posts here, from the affecting to the analytical to the absurd. Something for everyone, but all, at the core, meeting a personal need.


Powered by WebAds

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Living Memorial

We just came from the bris of my new nephew. He was named for Aaron.

My gratitude, joy, and grief are so intermingled that they are impossible to separate. In an upcoming post, I want to talk more about this contradictory, yet somehow syngeristic state of being. But for now, all I have strength to say is thank you, to the new parents, and to God. May little Aharon Elimelech Chayim grow up into Torah, the chuppah, and good deeds, and may he merit a long and happy life.

4 Comments:

At 8/24/06, 12:10 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

mazel tov..btw, the story of your son touched me to my soul. I will always remember it, may he rest in peace.

 
At 8/25/06, 9:08 AM, Blogger Shira Salamone said...

Mazal tov, and Amen.

 
At 8/27/06, 1:17 AM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

Mazal tov and Amen veh Amen.

 
At 8/29/06, 10:15 AM, Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Very nice mazel tov.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home