Elie's Expositions

A bereaved father blogging for catharsis... and for distraction. Accordingly, you'll see a diverse set of topics and posts here, from the affecting to the analytical to the absurd. Something for everyone, but all, at the core, meeting a personal need.


Powered by WebAds

Thursday, December 08, 2005

My Music Meme

Soccer Dad tagged me to play the latest meme-game: listing the first fifteen songs that come up on your IPod or MP3 player after a shuffle. Sadly, as I mentioned in his comments, I own neither of these fun gadgets, but I figured out a low-tech way of achieving the same results.

I stacked up the 65 or so CDs that I've burned/purchased, and used the world's oldest random number generator - a dice - to select 15 of them. Then I took the middle song on each CD. I will provide the list that emerged, undoctored, but as a bonus, in the three cases where the same artist came up twice, I also randomly picked an alternate CD.

Without further ado:
  1. Who, "Won't Get Fooled Again"
  2. Bruce Springsteen, "Spirit in the Night"
  3. Beatles, "She Said She Said"
  4. Tzvika Pik, "Maala"
  5. Kansas, "Paradox"
  6. Bruce Springsteen, "Glory Days" (alternate: Pretenders, "Day After Day")
  7. Bob Dylan, "Subterranean Homesick Blues"
  8. Bangles, "In a Different Light"
  9. Billy Joel, "Ballad of Billy the Kid"
  10. Eagles, "Take it to the Limit"
  11. Beatles, "Ticket to Ride" (alternate: Santana, "Hold On")
  12. Cream, "Badge"
  13. Jackson Browne, "Somebody's Baby"
  14. Billy Joel, "Streetlife Serenader" (alternate: Simon and Garfunkel, "Homeward Bound")
  15. Pat Benatar, "Looking for a Stranger"
All in all a pretty good representation of my musical tastes - though it did miss some of my favorite bands including Fleetwood Mac, Styx, and CSNY (see my profile for a fuller list).

I can't think of any of my regular readers who haven't already been asked to do one of these, except maybe for Jack. But if you have a blog and want to try, consider yourself tagged!

1 Comments:

At 12/9/05, 12:22 AM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

It's done. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home